Monday, August 8, 2011

Pumpkin Show 2010: Part 3

The beauty of 4x6 photos is how easily they just tile onto a 12x12 layout and make scrapbooking so easy. (Especially when you're like me and can't resist putting all of the pictures from an event onto a page.) If I have 5-6 pictures that go together, I am all about just sticking them end-to-end and calling it done.

(Please excuse the glare on this one. I am so not a pro at photographing layouts.)

That big pumpkin is actually the cover of a chipboard mini album from Maya Road, which I colored by heat embossing it with orange Zing! embossing powder before backing it with a little patterned paper.




Another unwritten scrapbooking "rule" this page breaks is its complete lack of journaling. There's a big movement in scrapbooking to journal the heck out of your albums so that you are making sure you're actually telling your story and not just putting pretty paper with your photos. And althoguh I totally get that argument, and while it might make sense for someone who is trying to be a family historian and pass on a legacy of memories to their children or something, I have to be honest and say that my scrapbooking is pretty much for and about me and my own memories. So, rather than put pressure on myself to make my pages communicate specifics to someone else,  I just do what makes me happy and include the information I think I'll want and care about when I look back through my albums.

Besides, these photos totally tell a story on their own. One that goes something like this:

"Simon's trying his FIRST PUMPKIN BURGER!"

"Hmm. That looks pretty good."

"I WANT SOME OF THAT PUMPKIN BURGER!"

"Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!"

"Yessssss!"

Supplies Used:
Chipboard Pumpkin: Maya Road
Word Sticker: Me and My Big Ideas:
Letter Stickers: American Crafts
Border Sticker: Reminisce
Embossing Powder: American Crafts
Patterned Paper: BoBunny