Friday, August 5, 2011

Pumpkin Show 2010: Part 2


Years ago, when I went to the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh with my friend Dayna, I picked up these super cool paper ribbons with Warhol quotes on them in the gift shop, knowing that they would be great for scrapbooking. And the quote "Everyone is rich, everyone is interesting," seemed to rather perfectly sum up these photos of Katie, our friend Eric, Circleville's famous "Pumpkin Man", and a complete stranger in an awesome deer-head jacket.


To gather ribbon like I did with the orange one, just stitch a line right down the middle of it (by machine or by hand), and pull the thread to scrunch it up.


And how 'bout that cute felt pumpkin? I'm pretty sure I found those in the Target Dollar Spot last fall. Theme-scrapper that I am, I collect pumpkin-themed stuff whenever I find it and toss it into my Pumpkin Show supply stash. It's always fun to pull out a plastic container full of forgotten orange and green treasures when I sit down each year to scrap the event.

Monday's post gets into the really good part of Pumpkin Show -- the food!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey, DCWV
Letter Stickers, Basic Grey, EK Success
Ribbon: American Crafts, KI Memories
Stickers: Me and My Big Ideas
Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts